Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve (Also Birthday Eve Eve)

My dear friend, Katrina, sent me this cartoon.  I can't paste it here, but it's worth checking out.  My family, immortalized.  Per and I are vegan, I'm off sugar, Per doesn't view pumpkins as a dessert meal, Dad's off nightshades, Mom and Sister are off gluten, Mom and Dad are off alcohol and caffeine, and Dad can't have chocolate after 6pm.  Soooo... Root mash instead of mashed potatoes (yams, turnips, carrots; it's actually really good), tofurkey for Per and I, vegan mock shephard's pie for the others, agave chocolate cake for breakfast on my birthday because we can't have it for dinner, gluten-free biscuits for dinner.  I feel like that covers it.  The two things everyone agrees on are roasted brussels sprouts and cranberry sauce.


And here's my Thanksgiving fashion inspiration.  The hair, at least.  The outfit's a tiny bit inappropriate for the weather.


1 comment: