Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crock Pot!

I didn't make any sort of fancy barbecue sauce today, but I did make bbq tofu.  In the crock pot.  With ketchup.  Don't knock it till you tried it.  I'm a fan of this recipe.  I've probably made it half a dozen (6) times.  So I just wanted to share it.

2 containers firm tofu, pressed
1 1/2 cups ketchup
3 T agave
2 T Braggs
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T red pepper flakes
1/2 t garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Stick it all in a slow cooker and let it go for 5 hours.  It gets a little caramelized and tasty.  I love it!

3 comments:

  1. i will be giving this a go. Thanks! I also need a recipe for a recipe. This might be it! Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *recipe exchange. I forgot the word "exchange". Exchange. There.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good! I hope it impresses the ladies for you.

    ReplyDelete