Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I've lost track

How many days has it been now?  I don't remember.  Since August, so coming up on the half way mark.  I'll figure it out. 

I really liked my plan of Thanksgiving-themed food every day, but it didn't last long.  I did bump up my cooking, though, trying new recipes or making complicated ones that I usually leave for special occasions.  I also realize that I have had the same thought just about every November 1st.  But it's back to basics: protein, carb and steamed greens.  I have been spicing up the veggies with different sauces.

Monday's Honey Mustard
Big blob of stoneground mustard
Medium-sized blob of agave
Small blob of Veganaise
Dash of balsamic vinegar
Mix and pour.

Tuesday's Hoisen Sauce
6 T Miso
3 T agave
2 T vinegar
2 T sesame oil
1/2 t dry ginger
1/4 t cloves
1/2 t cinnamon
2 t tamari
Garlic to taste
Water to desired thickness
Mix and pour.

Today is Wednesday.  I haven't decided on a sauce yet, but I'm leaning towards barbecue.

No comments:

Post a Comment