Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quiet Day

It felt like fall today, which I combated by wearing a short skirt and a tank top.  I'm not ready.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes: A must-see.  I've watched this film a few times before, but not in a while.  I'd forgotten how fabulous Jane Russel is.  I love her down to business attitude.  And the musical number with the US Olympic Team working out where she sings "Isn't anyone here for love?" is just perfect.  Also I like how the team is outfitted in very short, skin-toned shorts.  Those men were ripped for their time, but by today's standards, what they have would be bare minimum for any male actor.  The men got bigger and the women got smaller.  Marilyn's waist is pretty itty bitty, but that's got to be due to a corset.  I bought one, just to see.  It certainly improves how dresses hang, but, to be honest, it hurts my Crohn's, so I don't wear it.  Maybe later when I'm all better.  I'll wear my corset while enjoying half a dozen vodka tonics and munching on a tofurky sandwich.  Till then, tofu. rice and steamed veggies.  Um, yum?

No comments:

Post a Comment