Thursday, September 9, 2010

I try to be my best.

I managed a cute outfit today, even though I was in a rush.  Cuffed, tight jeans.  Sleeveless button-up.  Jean jacket.  And to tie it together, mary-jane heels.  I was too rushed to do any more than a pony tail, but the look still held together with the help of liquid eyeliner, rouge, and cherry-red lips.  All this while trying to cook dinner and pack for madison practice at the track.  I had to leave by 3:45 to pick Per up in Hillsboro, and didn't start getting ready till 3:20.  But it all worked.

The one catch was that I was left with only my heels to strut around in at the track.  My track cleats don't do well on pavement.  Fortunately I was wearing my knickers, which almost look like capris, so you'd almost not know the difference.  Almost.  But really, there I was in spandex and heels.  It's not too bad at our super-insular little Alpenrose family, but shopping for post-race munchies is a different story.

Jocks in heels never set well with me.  It's like seeing your butch PE teacher all dressed up to chaperon a dance.  Not hot.

On the plus side, I made it through 30 minutes of madison racing without a stomach ache!  My Crohn's is the best Crohn's I've ever heard of.  If I didn't hate it on principle, we could almost be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment