Monday, September 20, 2010

Birthday Fun

We had a small birthday party for Per last night.  It gave me a perfect opportunity to try out my cake-making skills.  Instead of making one of my two favorite cakes, I combined them into one fabulous, layered cake.  I think we might have missed taking any pictures of it, but it's turned out pretty nice.  And it tasted great.  And I got to answer the door when guests showed up still wearing my super-cute polka dot apron.  The hair worked out well.  Per took an iPhone picture, but it didn't really show the hair very much.  I managed to redo the do that was done when I had my hair dyed and styled last month, but I added a little curl in the front.  It held all night, too.  It was like a sculpture, stiff with hairspray.   You can't see, but I got a nice bump in and a ponytail where I wrapped the base with hair from the bump, and it all held!  Even the ponytail curls stayed bouncy all night.  A success!

No comments:

Post a Comment