Friday, August 27, 2010

Food and Fashion

They don't mix very well, at least not for me. I started sewing an apron last week but have yet to finish it.  I made some amazing food today, and looked great doing it.  Now I need to go explore Freddy's stain-removal aisle.  Per took some pictures, and when I get around do uploading the camera, I'll post them.  Also in that collection is some nice ones of me in makeup doing box jumps, before the stomach said "absolutely no."

Dinner tonight was four dishes, as followes:

Marinated tomatoes--
    A bunch of tomatoes*
    A fistful of basil*
    Olive oil
    Balsamic vinegar
    Lemon juice
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Pine nuts
Start this first so it can sit for half an hour or so while everything else gets ready

Baked Yellow Squash
    Two over ripe crookneck squash* seeded and sliced to 1/2 inch
    Tablespoon of Olive oil
    Tablespoon of Agave
    A thumb of grated fresh ginger
    Salt
Mix thoroughly and put in a baking dish.  Bake at 400F till soft, somewhere around half an hour

Tofu and Beef Tips in BBQ Sauce
    Pound of firm tofu
    Package of beef tips, frozen
    One cup of BBQ sauce (I used the apricot recipe from Veganomicon)
Dice and fry up the tofu till crispy.  Add the beef.  Fry for another three minutes.  Turn heat off and add the sauce. Let that simmer for another five minutes

To round things our, we had two heads of broccoli, steamed.

* All that stuff is from my garden.  Not a lot of variety growing out there, but what I got, I got plenty of!

I love meals like this, that turn out so good and have such vibrant colors.

My dress loved this meal much less so.  I'm a little bit of a sloppy cook, and it shows.  But I swear I'm gonna go set up the sewing machine right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment