Friday, May 16, 2014

I've just looked through all our video-taking devices, and it seems that we've lost our early footage of skating!  We were too embarrassed to share them, and now they're gone.  The phone they were on has a gap from winter before we started skating, to September after we had been going for 5 whole months!  Grr.

Oh, well.  Here's some shots of us from 2 months after starting.  Stills fail to communicate the wobbliness of our early rides.  Summer 2012, longboarding in Sweden

Skating up the hills, and walking down, because speed is scary

First time messing around with my new actual skateboard, instead of the cruiser.  Full pads, damn straight.

Feeling pretty epic in Pendleton, Oregon

Trying to bond with my nephews and niece, Christmas 2012.  They all shred way more than I ever will

A cold visit with Mr. E, March 2013

My new mini cruiser, which straps so easily and lightly to my backpack.  May 2013

I will pause here, and revisit Summer of 2013 at another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment