Sunday, May 18, 2014

August 2013

August 2013
I don't have any videos from the last two weeks of August.  I'd just gotten hired at my first teaching job, so I guess I was a little distracted.  We were still skating every day, mostly at DoS, and sometimes outside at THPRD.  By the end of August, I could drop in to the shallow end of DoS but still had to climb out.

August 16, 2013
We got a membership to the indoor bowl that used to be the Department of Skateboarding.  It's private, and keyless entry so we could go whenever we wanted.  This is a video after we'd been going for probably two weeks.  It fails to capture all the times I climbed in and pumped back and forth, and then all the times I climbed in and tried to pump around the bowl.  It skips straight to being able to drop in to the 6 foot shallow end and carve all around, albeit very low and slow


August 14, 2013
THPRD
New board, upgraded from 7.65 to 8.5 inches wide.  Increased stability = good.  Rolling in to the bowl, pumping around, going higher in the deep end, pumping and kick turning on the way back.


August 9, 2013
Gabriel Park
The shallow end of this park has a hip you can roll down from (which is itself a challenge for a newbie).  This day I worked on rolling down and front side carving the pocket well enough to make it back up hump to roll down the other side and go into the deep end.


August 6, 2013 evening
The school yard by our house has a big sloped paved area.  We'd go there to kick around.  Here, you can see the impressive move where I grab my board and hop an inch into the air.


August 6, 2013 morning
Tiny bowl at Pier Park
Here's a selfie of me dropping in (yes, it took that long to set up), front side carving, and pumping ALL the way back before climbing out of the tiny bowl

August 1, 2013
THPRD in Beaverton
Rolling in and pumping the deep end.  The video starts and ends with the cover on, but it's there, I swear.


No comments:

Post a Comment